Claustrophobia Early Access: September 9th!
Make a note in your diaries, Claustrophobia will be launching on Steam Early Access on September 9th! After a long gap between updates, I’ve decided it’s finally time to bite the bullet and release the new build. Below is all the details you need to know!
Why Early Access?
From the very beginning, Claustrophobia has relied on the constant feedback of its community in order to shape the game. Now, with the release of the Redesigned build, I need player feedback more than ever before. Early Access is the best way to allow players to experience the game as it is built, while giving me the feedback I need to create the best possible experience. It’s a win-win situation!
What Features does the new build have?
- Unending Procedurally Generated content: Procedurally generated gear, enemies, and terrain makes for infinite progression and adventure.
- Classless Character Development: Build the character you wish to play, and develop them through in-depth stat and ability customization.
- Tons of Loot: Collect vast amounts of weapons, armour, and active items, whose powerful abilities, stats, and passive bonuses enhance your gameplay.
- Fast-paced, Tactical Turn-Based Combat: Use positioning, clever skill use, and observation to best your enemies.
- Face Hoards of Challenging Enemies: From simple critters to deadly Elite Units, face off against a variety of monsters, each with their own set of abilities. Enemy Modifiers such as Teleportation, Invisibility, Lifesteal, and more, ensure that there’s always a new type of enemy to slaughter.
- Traditional Roguelike Features: Permadeath, a little luck, and unforgiving gameplay means your hero’s life is firmly in your hands.
- Scoring & Leaderboards: To remember all those poor souls who didn’t make it.
- Simple, easy to use Interface: All the details and functionality you need, without the clutter.
What’s Still to Come?
- Multiple Dungeons: Featuring all new dungeon designs, enemies, rooms, loot, and more.
- Story mode: Dungeons will chain together for longer, more varied gameplay, and progression towards a final, endgame goal.
- More Character Development Options: More Class Roles, more Abilities, more talents.
- Further Item & Enemy Development: A much greater range of Item Abilities and Enemy Modifiers.
- Puzzles: More special room types will offer greater variation to exploration.
- Gear Crafting: Collect materials and salvage old gear to craft powerful new items.
- Achievements & Unlockables: New content unlocked for courageous feats of strength!
I Already Bought the game on Desura, how do I get my Steam Key?
Come September 9th, simply go to www.desura.com/collection and select Claustrophobia and then Keys to access your Steam Key.
Screenshots, Gameplay Trailer, and more information will be coming next week! Stay tuned, and as ever, thanks for reading!
Until next time,